Tuesday, December 10

The Chronicle: Career Network: 12/03/2002

I was nearly to campus when I turned my car around and began driving nervously back toward my apartment. I live about 20 minutes from the State University of New York at Albany, and this was not the first time I had wasted nearly 40 minutes of my day by retracing my steps in this fashion. I go through this routine for one reason: to make sure the coffeepot is turned off, because if it is not, my apartment and its contents (the four out of five completed chapters of my dissertation, my clothes, about 700 books, and my cat) will burn to the ground while I'm away.


I can relate. My health sucks right now too:
1. constant minor back pain
2. 50 lbs. overweight
3. taking anti-depressants
4. tendonitis, sore knee
5. depression (see above)

Wheeeee!

No comments: