Monday, July 29

Why Weblogs? :: Kairosnews :: A News Site and Online Community for Discussing Rhetoric, Technology and Pedagogy
Still, that choice, it would seem to me, is ultimately tied up in what your goals are for blogging. I want my students to feel as if the blog is their own personal writing space. So, for me, the choice of using free blogging software and site hosting seems the best way to go for their individual blogs. But PostNuke seems the best choice for a class community blog. I'll have different students responsble for posting to the PostNuke site each week. Then, everyone will have to post responses to the comment boards. And, we'll use phpBB2, the forums section, for posting drafts of paper assignments for peer review since this can be a private space for small group work. Each seems to be the best tool for the goal.

No comments: