Sunday, April 25

L’avventura �l’avventura � Interaction is better than plastic explosive

L’avventura �l’avventura � Interaction is better than plastic explosive: "And which classic game is the best one and why?
I admired Spellbreaker very highly: it was mind-blowing to me how clever it was, and how elegant, ingenious and full of unfolding possibility. I felt when I was playing it that the author had realized the fantastic potential of IF to portray things that could only exist in the imagination. Like the zipper– well, I'll say no more.

On the other hand, I've never played a lot of the games that top other people's best-of lists, like Trinity or A Mind Forever Voyaging. And it's difficult to say, 'this was the absolute best,' because different works try to accomplish different things, and two games can be more or less spot-on in their respective categories without really overlapping at all."

No comments: