Tuesday, September 28

Is David Simon a genius? Creator of 'The Wire' talks about winning a MacArthur Fellowship | Show Tracker | Los Angeles Times

Is David Simon a genius? Creator of 'The Wire' talks about winning a MacArthur Fellowship | Show Tracker | Los Angeles Times: "Put it this way: One thing we were explicit about with 'The Wire' was that the drug war was a total amoral fraud that mutated into an abusive campaign against America’s underclass, and that it needed to end. Now, the drug war is no closer to ending than it was when we started the series. And I don’t expect that we’re ever going to get there. But you can’t go into it thinking you’re going to change anything; you have to go into it based on the story itself. I don’t know if I have the power to change things. I think that’s above my pay grade. Or below it, as the case may be."

No comments: