Tuesday, April 30

Grrl.com - Bonnie Blog
Rejection letters are never fun to get in the mail. As a writer, you either have to get used to people saying they're not interested in your numerous queries and book proposals, or you need to find another profession where people hug you all day long.




Cool stuff. I had to dig a little to find B. Burton's blog, which is a fun read. I like her line about "a job where people hug you all day long." I do tech support for an English department, and although they are grateful to see me on occasion, as soon as I fix their problems I just can't feel the love any more. I think that being a celebrity is sort of like being hugged all day long, but most of them drink themselves to death or engage in other acts of self-destruction, as do lottery winners. Are there any poor but happy people in Amerika?



I was sort of bummed to discover today that Al Roker had a weblog. But Bonnie Burton's blog balances that out, restoring equilibrium to the blogging world. (and Al's doesn't totally suck, btw).

No comments: