Tuesday, June 1

Spraygraphic Interview with Artist Kate MacDowell | Sprayblog

Spraygraphic Interview with Artist Kate MacDowell | Sprayblog: "SG: Please tell us about yourself?
KM: I used to teach high-school English and later produced hi-tech websites. After the dot-com bust my husband and I moved to India for a year and half and worked at a meditation retreat center. We came back back to the states by way of Italy, and I found myself living in my parent’s house again for a few months, without a job, and with a head full of fantastic tropical plants and animals, and classical and baroque marble sculpture. I started taking a local clay class while we figured out what to do next, and started funneling these images into early pots and sculptures. I’ve been a full-time studio artist since 2006 or so."

I find this inspiring.

No comments: