Friday, June 11

A Letter to Chris Christie | Health Professionals & Allied Employees

A Letter to Chris Christie | Health Professionals & Allied Employees: "I have been teaching in our public school system for 9 years. I started at $36,000 a year. My college roommate started as an office worker at an accounting firm for $75,000. It was the same year. He told me he mostly made copies and plugged numbers into a computer. I was designing lesson plans, teaching classes of 30 students, some of whom had problems with drug abuse, crime, and depression. After nine years experience, I made $52,000 last year. I would like to point out that this is $8,000 less than your 'media relations' person. You know, the 25 year old who runs your Twitter and Facebook accounts. As for my college roommate, he now makes double what I do. We both have bachelor's degrees. But what do I know? I am the problem."

No comments: