Monday, September 12

ethical problem

from: Aric Hawkins
To: Mark Crane
English 4310
Sept. 12, 2005 
 
The ethical problem i have encountered that i choose to discuss is one dealing with the UVSC parking enforcement. I recently recieved a parking pass on a car i just bought and it was not yet titled in my name. I asked a friend what i could do to get out of paying the ticket he told me to write a fake name and address for the car. Another friend told me to ignore the ticket and hope it ges away because the parking people couldnt run a licence plate number and track me down.
     As I sat and thought about what i could do to get the ticket dismissed a large range of questions bombarded my mind. i thought about my right as a student being able to drive my car to school and having a few days inwhich i had time to find my classes and figure where the best place to park would be so i could minimize the time i wasted walking to my classes.
      Another thought that came to mind was that it is not fair to students that have not had time to get a parking pass get ticketed within the first week of school. Most of the conversations i heard in the halls were that of the parking enforcement lack of care that it is the first week of school. I can understand if it was in January after half of the school year has gone by.
      If the parking enforcement people are going to give out tickets on the first week of school they should at least post something around the whole school rather than just in the office area. some students do all of their registration stuff on line and forget to go to the one stop service desk in the administration building to get that taken care of.
     After sorting through all my thoughts and advice I decided to go ask the parking people what i should do because i just purchased my car. They (for once) were friendly enough to tell me that i could go to the Utah State Tax Commission and get a form stating that i registered my car and had to change the title after the school year started.
 
 
Aric Hawkins


__________________________________________________
Do You Yahoo!?
Tired of spam? Yahoo! Mail has the best spam protection around
http://mail.yahoo.com

No comments: