Wednesday, February 18

Chapter 3: Critical Ethnography: Method and Methodology: "This challenged me to ensure that any research methodology and method that I adopted would potentially raise the political consciousness of the participants, including myself. As well as this I hoped that it would also offer the YCW the possibility of developing emancipatory social action. It was also clear that I had to be honest with the YCW about my intentions and to show that my research methodology was consistent with the role of collaborator and the philosophy of the YCW. It was necessary to show the YCW that my research methodology was grounded in the belief that my reflection did 'not begin with a search for answers but with a search for questions' (Freire, 1972, cited in Street 1992:15). The YCW agreed to my research as it offered them the possibility of drawing on the critical report that would result from the project."

No comments: