Monday, November 8

Salt Lake City Blogs:Gavin's Underground-Kier Defstar

Salt Lake City Blogs:Gavin's Underground-Kier Defstar: "Kier: My first pieces were horrible. When it came to art I was definitely no natural. In fact for some reason I was really nervous and scared of the art aspect of it because the people I painted with were already superb artists, and the talent that runs in my family decided to skip me. I actually didn't even attempt a real piece until a few years after just tagging the streets. I had friends who started doing graff after me who advanced super fast, like Erups for example. But for me it was a long uphill battle. I'm still learning new techniques and trying to hone my craft everyday."

I love reading about artists who weren't born to it, who worked hard to develop their craft.

No comments: