Friday, January 24

Google Search: Tom Ingham wrote: : I did a : sudo chmod 4555 /usr/sbin/sendmail : And it's working great now, my masquerade leaves a little bit to be : desired, but it's all good and working from local and remote. I guess I'll go with this solution until Apple fixes things... Yes, it's not exactly a desired solution, but for now it gets things working. I figure that since I'm behind a firewall and don't allow connections to that port except locally, and since my laptop is really only a single user system the implications of doing such aren't that big a deal. If I'm wrong, someone please correct me. PS - I tried compiling the latest sendmail myself, but it wasn't as easy as just doing a "sh Build" and end up with an executable (yes, I do have the latest developer tools installed). The other solution I've seen is to enable the "DontBlameSendmail" option and then chmod your mqueue directory to 777. PPS - Anyone know how to submit a bug report to Apple?

No comments: