Wednesday, November 8

kuro5hin.org || technology and culture, from the trenches
I am the technology coordinator/network administrator at a high visibility public high school in the capital city of a southern state. Because of the visibility of my position, I found myself last week in a meeting with the Governor, the State Superintendent of Education and several representatives of the local military base's IT program. We were there to discuss how we are going to improve Technology Education statewide. All involved want to make sure our next generation has: a) the IT skills to find a decent job, and b) the IT employers in state to hire them. They all seemed quite sincere about wanting to do something, if less sure about what exactly needs to be done
Now I have been told to write an email with suggestions of some avenues to explore. If you had the opportunity to write this email yourself, what would you suggest?

No comments: